Wednesday, May 5, 2010

How to get lucky in life.

Post 481 - I read somewhere that Napoleon would line his generals up before a battle and ask each one if he felt lucky. The ones who said they did were the ones he put in command. That’s because he believed they had confidence. All things are possible to the person who believes they’re possible.

That which you resist, you create, exaggerate, or become.
That which you resist gets worse.
That which you resist eventually owns you.

Accountability is about changing your focus from areas that are outside your control to areas that are in your control.

You can increase success in your life by:
- Acknowledging reality
- Owning it
- Finding solutions
- Taking action to implement them.

Ask yourself:

- How do I feel right now?
- What do I “really” want?
- Am I getting closer to what I want?
- If not, what else could I be doing?
- If not now, when?

Life depends on how you look at it, how you see it, how you believe it to be.

I saw a sign the other day that I read as “Now Here” whereas someone with me said they saw it as “Nowhere.”

OPPORTUNITY IS NOWHERE.
OPPORTUNITY IS NOW. HERE.

Whether you think you can or you think you can’t … either way, you’re right.

Start each morning by asking yourself:

- What am I happy about right now?

- What am I excited about today?

- What am I most proud of?

- What am I grateful for or blessed by?

- Who do I love?

- Who loves me?

- What do they love about me?

- What am I committed to?

The complete formula for getting lucky in life is:

Preparation (personal growth) + Attitude (belief/mindset) + Opportunity (luck) + Action (doing something about it) = How You Get Lucky

Listen to Jimmy Jones who advises, “Make a bet every day, otherwise you might walk around lucky and never know it.”

No comments: